Saturday, January 9, 2010

Star Trek RULES!



This is just going to be a short blurb, but I saw the winners for the People's Choice Awards, and lemme just say that Twihards need to STFU. Before I start though, I should mention that I am AMAZED Sandra Bullock beat Kristen Stewart for Favorite Movie Actress. I think it's because all the Twihards can't stand that she gets to be with the beloved Edward and Jacob etc. Girls are bitches.

Anyway. Zoe Saldana should have won for Favorite Breakout Movie Actress (great in Avatar and Star Trek)... okay, I guess I'm getting carried away here. She clearly deserved it when compared to the others in her category (Miley Cyrus won) but this award show is about favorites, which correlates to overall image and less to actual ability/talent. But it angers me. Awards voting should be left to people who have brains and aren't mindless media puppets. However, more elite systems like the Oscars favor low-budget/small, intense dramas and overlook great performances by blockbuster films. Though Twihards and other ridiculous movie machines make it hard to have any faith in where people put their money, some blockbusters really deserve some credit - namely Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, Star Trek, and Star Wars - and due to their popularity, are left without awards, either deemed too popular and overt by the Academy Awards or overshadowed by retards like the People's Choice Awards (who were only correct in giving the award to Johnny Depp for Favorite Movie Actor). Actually, aside from a few notable comedy category winners, the other winners made me feel sad about the degradation of humanity.

I suppose I'm just upset Twilight beat out Star Trek (which was a great movie, and at the very least Zachary Quinto should have won something) even though the Twilight franchise offers so very little to sentient cinema-goers.